Under the patronage of Dr. Fawzi Al-Hammouri, Vice President of The Health Care Accreditation Council (HCAC), Chairman of the Private Hospitals Association, Dr. Tarek Kreis ENT clinic celebration on the occasion of obtaining the accreditation from The Health Care Accreditation Council (HCAC).
Dr. Al-Hammouri, delivered a speech at the ceremony, in which he congratulated Dr. Kreis and his team for obtaining the accreditation, hoping this achievement would be an incentive to other doctors to obtain the accreditation and upgrade the services provided to Jordanian, Arab and foreign patients.
Al -Hammouri stressed on the results of researches and studies which prove that implementing accreditation standards in the institutions increase the level of services provided to patients and enhance the trust of customers and confirm the commitment of institutions to provide safe and high quality health care. He mentioned the history of The Health Care Accreditation Council (HCAC) during the last ten years and the great successes it has achieved, as 26 hospitals, 91 primary health care centers, 22 mammography units and 3 laboratories obtained the national accreditation.
Al-Hammouri said that Dr. Kreis center has passed many criteria’s in several aspects including:
• Manage patient care and measure the results of services provided.
• Commitment to patients’ rights standards and keeping patient’s privacy.
• Providing comprehensive medical records.
• Develop an integrated treatment plan with guidance and education for patients and their companions
• Improved access to services and time management
• Application of infection control measures and sterilization of medical equipment and instruments
• Verification and validation of scientific certificates and experiences from the source.
• Training of staff and ensuring their competence.
• Compliance with laws and regulations
• Measuring the satisfaction rate of patients and their companions
Dr. Tarek Kreis expressed his pleasure for holding this ceremony to announce that his clinic has obtained the accreditation from the Health Care Accreditation Council (HCAC) with an excellence rating, being the first outpatient clinic to obtain this accreditation. He called on all clinics to apply all the necessary standards for obtaining this accreditation, which will be reflected in the quality of service provided to patients.
The HCAC is a national non-profit organization that is supervised by a board of directors which includes representatives from all governmental and private health sectors and relevant civil society organizations. The council undertakes this voluntary effort to serve the Jordanian health sector, providing an ideal model for public-private partnership. The Health Care Accreditation Council (HCAC) is the only one in the Middle East to receive the three accreditations from the International Society of Quality in Health care (ISQua).